I know this is a few days late and now that I’m back from my vacation, hopefully I will not have anymore late blogs.
Anyway I thought since we road-triped down to New Mexico and back to see friends and family for the holidays and to celebrate our first anniversary, I would share with you all some essentials that made the 18 hour car ride more enjoyable.
- Snacks! If you are in the car for a long time you definitely need snacks to prevent hangry driving.
- Drinks. I don’t know about you guys but when I’m eating a lot of salty, dry car food, I need something to help wash it all down.
- Tunes! I think this is just a general car rule: When you are in the passenger seat it is your job to pick good driving music. You want it to be upbeat enough that the driver isn’t falling asleep, not too annoying so that the driver can concentrate on the road, and good enough that you and the driver can enjoy the ride by dancing around every once in a while.
- An emergency kit. Especially if you are going on a long trip during the winter you will need jumper cables, tools, a blanket or two, a flashlight, extra food, and whatever else you think you might need in case you get a flat tire or break down in the middle of nowhere.
- Windex/a good ice-remover. Especially in winter you really need to be able to wash your headlights and windows at any time because sometimes its a blizzard outside and there is so much snow and ice on your vehicle that you need to pull over and remove it all so that you can continue to have a safe trip.
Thanks for joining me!
Our Facebook: @ourlifeinmontana