Every accomplishment begins with the choice to try
Challenge: 12 Things That Make Me Different
I would like to thank Aieshi Jain who writes the blog TOKENS OF EXPRESSION for asking me to do the challenge #12ThingsThatMakeMeDifferent
Here are the rules:
- Mention if you were nominated by someone or decided to take up the challenge on your own
- Write your own list of twelve things that make you different and proud (and odd maybe?!!)
- On your post, put a link to the original post here. This is where the challenge starts from
- Use the hashtag #12ThingsThatMakeMeDifferent
- Be sure to write these five rules on your post. Including the note.
Note: Nominations are completely optional. If you want to nominate anyone specifically, feel free to tag them and inform them. The purpose is to spread the message. If you choose to nominate, please tag at least three.
Here are 12 things that make me different, proud, or odd:
- The town I grew up in had less than 1,000 people. As a result my family has an unspoken rule that a city has stoplights. It can have one or 2,000, but the presence of a single stoplight automatically upgrades a town to a city.
- I love to hunt and fish, but I also support PETA because I do not believe in inhuman killings, any other unnecessary animal killings, or being wasteful.
- I am a huge advocate and supporter of any person with any degree of disability. If someone with a disability is selling socks, or paintings I will buy from them instead of going to the store.
- I am also a huge supporter of Veterans and will buy anything made by Veterans or for Veterans. I mean, how can you not be?
- I am from a huge family with a ton of siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins, but I would like a small family.
- I am a huge supporter of small local business. If I see that something is locally made I buy it.
- I also love to buy anything handmade. My mom taught me how to knit, crochet, embroider, cross-stitch and many other things so I have a tremendous respect and admiration of anyone who is trying to make their livelihood with hand-crafted items.
- I would love to live in a hobbit house.
- When I grow up, I want to be like my parents. They are so wonderful and such amazing people that I would feel so accomplished if I grew up to be like them.
- I love children! They always have such unique interpretations of life.
- I love rocks. I honestly could take home every single one I see when I’m out hiking, but I don’t because that would be obnoxious. I limit myself to one super neat one. But I collect dozens on the way trying to find the one that I want to take home to add to my collection.
- If I could only have one pan to use for the rest of my life, I would pick a Cast Iron Dutch oven. You can use that for literally everything.
I would like to thank two wonderful bloggers LEYE555 and BlottedInc for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I’m still catching up on my blog after taking some time off while I moved so I’m sorry for taking so long to post this!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display and link to the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
Questions from LEYE555
- What keeps you fired up to keep on blogging?
One of the most motivating things about blogging is having someone like or comment on any of my posts or when someone new follows me. That is my biggest reward for blogging and that is my biggest motivation for me to keep writing new posts.
- If by some twist of faith you were to find yourself in some parallel universe where communication is only done through writing, would you miss this one?
I remember passing notes in grade-school which was against the classroom rules and trying to be discrete so the teacher wouldn’t notice. If my friends and I were able to do this successfully, it was one of our biggest accomplishments of the day. So if this parallel universe had a law against talking, I probably would talk to everyone and hope not to get caught while feeling accomplished if nobody noticed.
- What is your favorite personal blog post?
My favorite post I have ever written is Dirty Laundry because I enjoyed writing it a ton, it came together so easily and I think it is some of my best writing.
- How large do you want your blog to become by the year’s end?
I started this blog without the expectation of a single person reading it except for me. My goal was to get one follower who was not part of my family. Now I have more than 100 followers and I am so honored that one person let alone 100 find what I have to say interesting. That said, I hope I will be a better writer by the end of the year and I hope that my writing is light-hearted enough for people to keep reading it.
- If the world ends tomorrow, what will be the last thing you would want to do today?
I would want to watch Netflix with Mike. I know it sounds silly, but if the world was ending I would say goodby to everyone in my family and then spend the rest of the day eating pizza and wings. I would want Mike to take the day off to just hang out with. That way we would be relaxed, happy and with loved ones when the world ended.
- Have you ever sat in front of your site to make a post but you get so blank that you have to sign out and literally dump your pc or phone just about anywhere so you can feel better?
I do this all the time. I have a brainstorm session every week of possible posts or topics to write about and I usually end up writing more than one post at a time because I either run out of motivation on one and move on to the next or I write the header and have nothing more to write about.
- What is your favorite song?
I don’t think I could narrow it down to my absolute favorite song, but one of my favorite songs is “This Ole House” by Rosemary Clooney which was written in the 50s. Its about an old house that is falling apart with nobody to fix it. When I was little my dad used to sing it to my mom when she would ask him to fix something around the house. Its such a fun song that I will add a link to it on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQEDytiOdo
- If you become a famous author and you got one of the highest awards like Pulitzer for your work, then with whom will you share your prize money?
I would either hoard it away somewhere just incase I needed money when I get old or I would give it all away to a charity, but I would not give it to anyone I know because I wouldn’t want people to be my friend just because they thought I was rich and famous.
- Did you ever think that you will someday become a blogger?
Absolutely not. I used to think blogging was something that teens did instead of keeping a diary or journal. I actually saw an advertisement for WordPress and thought “I don’t have any children yet so maybe I need a hobby”. And that is the story of how Laundry & Dishes was born.
- What is the happiest blogging experience you’ve had?
It was when someone liked my blog for the first time. I had published my first post about a week earlier and I didn’t know about the First Friday opportunity to share it so I had zero views. Then out of nowhere someone liked my post and I felt like it was one of the greatest successes of my life.
Questions from BlottedInc
- If you could dye your hair a certain color, what would it be?
Auburn. I love how natural red-heads look but I don’t like the dyed hair look so I’m not sure if I would ever die my hair or not.
- Who would be your fictional best friend?
Abby from NCIS.
- Describe your ideal house/vacation.
My ideal house would be very open with a lot of windows and a big back yard so my kids and dogs can have room to play outside. I also would love to have a garden and maybe a small apple orchard.
- Who is the person you look up to? Why?
I look up to my parents because we were very poor when I was growing up but I never felt hungry, I always had clothes and we were always happy. It wasn’t until I went to college that I learned they had a lot of debt and were living paycheck to paycheck to pay it off when I was growing up. When I have children I want them to feel as safe and secure as I did growing up.
- If you could write a book about anything, what would it be?
It probably would be an biography because I have always been told to write what you know and I’m not sure I could be creative enough to write anything other than a semi-nonfiction account of my life.
- Dogs or cats, sunshine or rain, Coffee or tea?
Dogs and cats. Rain with sunshine. Coffee in the morning and tea in the evening.
- Who is your favorite blogger on WordPress?
I have way too many to count! Anyone I have nominated for an award is a blogger who is my favorite.
- Name your biggest pet peeve
When its raining or muddy outside and someone doesn’t take off their shoes at the door. Especially if I have just moped the floors.
Favorite sport to watch/play? If you have one, name your Favorite player.
- Hockey and baseball are my two favorite sports to watch and I don’t think I’ve ever had a favorite player. Maybe Babe Ruth?
- Do you have any siblings?
I have seven.
- what is your biggest regret in high school?
I’m not sure if I have nay regrets from high school, but I can say without a doubt that I am glad its over.
What makes me passionate about blogging?
I have always loved to write so I decided to try blogging as a hobby. I usually spend about an hour a day writing new posts and reading other blogs. I think what makes me passionate about blogging is that it is a hobby and not a job.
10 Random Facts about me
- I have 14 nieces and nephews with one more on the way
- I am less than 5 feet tall
- When I do my makeup, I just put on mascara and sometimes I fill in my eyebrows because they’re so blond it looks like I don’t have any
- My favorite number is 3
- I don’t have a favorite color
- I have blue eyes but when I wear green they look hazel
- Although I can cook, I don’t really like to
- My go to comfort food is macaroni and cheese and dinosaur chicken nuggets
- Folding laundry calms me down
- One of these days I would like to run a marathon
Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your dream job?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What is your favorite book?
- Who was your favorite childhood pet?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you were stranded on an island and could pick who was there with you, who would you pick?
- If you want kids, how many would you like to have?
- What is your favorite show?
- What makes you feel happy?
- Describe your ideal vacation
The Mystery Blogger Award
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share a link to your best post:
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma via https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com
First I would like to thank Laura who writes the blog All The Shoes I Wear for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I’m very honored to be considered for such an amazing award! I would also like to apologize for unintentionally taking a break from my blog. We did not have WiFi set up in our new home until yesterday and I didn’t want to use all my data on my phone blogging so I only looked at it about once a day and now I have a lot of catching up to do!
I’m not really sure how to choose my best post, but according to my stats my post that has the most views is House Hunting.
Three things about me are:
- I am one of seven siblings and consider myself the sixth oldest instead of the sixth youngest.
- I would love to adopt because I think there are so many children who would benefit from living in a permanent loving home.
- My dream job is to be an Audiologist working with babies and young children who were born with any degree of hearing loss or deafness. I think all children need good advocates, but I especially think that children with language impairments really need advocates because they literally do not have a voice.
The Question I Was Asked:
1. When was the last time you felt pure joy?
I have been moving into a new apartment and I very recently finished unpacking and putting away the very last unopened box. I was immediately flooded with feelings of accomplishment, relief and joy because the process of moving was finally over.
2. What made you laugh until you cried?
I’m not sure if its because I’m a newlywed but Mike makes me laugh until I cry all the time. He usually does something goofy or tells a joke with an impressive amount of “Dad humor” and then I double over in a fit of giggles until my abs hurt and I have tears in my eyes.
3. What’s the silliest thing you do when alone?
I lay on the floor and look at the ceiling. When I was young, we stayed with some relatives who had a popcorn ceiling and I had some trouble falling asleep so I looked at the patterns on the ceiling until I was able to doze off. For some reason this still relaxes me and so it is sometimes part of my bedtime routine.
4. Whats the weirdest thing you’ve ever experienced?
Explosive diarrhea. My grandparents took us all out to the Golden Corral which our whole family calls The Hog Out. My niece was about 10 months old and was eating a healthy mixture of solid foods and breast milk. I honestly can’t remember what she ate but my best friend and sister in-law asked me to hold her which I did. Long story short, right when I picked her up her diaper filled to the brim and the contents began dripping down her leg onto me. So in the middle of an all you can eat restaurant we all dashed for the bathroom and did our best to clean up me and my niece.
5. Have you ever been to a haunted place?
No and I don’t think I would ever actively try to find one to visit.
The bloggers I am nominating for this award are amazing writers and have the most wonderful blogs.
- Muslim Misconceptions
Questions for My Nominees:
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?
- What activity would you like to try but are too nervous to do it? For example, I’d love to skydive but I’m terrified of heights.
- What is your go to favorite comfort food?
- What is something funny or weird that you used to do that you now are embarrassed by?