Hello Everyone and welcome to another post!
First I would like to thank the three bloggers who thought I was worthy of this amazing award!
Lana whose blog is Welcome To Our Campfire is just an amazing person and has such a wonderful blog.
Laura is so sweet and is always such an honest writer has a great blog called All The Shoes I Wear.
And Glen from justabitfurther is always writing something fresh and unique.
These are all fantastic blogs and if you haven’t had the chance to check them out yet, you definitely should.
Next I would like to apologize to Lana who nominated me for this award last year. I just looked in my drafts and it seems like I had good intentions, but I only wrote half a post, never finished it, and never published it. According to the date in my drafts that was around the time I was going through all my baby stuff last year so I kind of fell off the face of the Earth because I really needed to process some grief and a lot of feelings.
So if you all don’t mind, I will try to hit three birds with one post and answer all the questions from the three bloggers who nominated me in one post.
Here are the rules if you are nominated…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer the questions the blogger has asked you
- Nominate 5-11 new bloggers and write them 5-11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post
Here are the questions I was asked by Lana:
- Twizzlers or Red Vines?
Is it ok to choose both? I have two very separate moods and if I’m in a Twizzler mood, Red Vines just won’t do and vice versa.
- Favorite super hero?
Thor, but only because Chris Hemsworth is so darn handsome.
- If you could live inside a book or game which one would it be and why?
Bridge to Terabithia. I know this is a sad book, but I chose it because it is one of the first books I ever lost myself in and felt like I was part of the book.
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the future or the past and why?
I would go to the past to the Roaring 20s just so I could drink bootleg liquor and dance in flapper dresses for 10 years. Then I would come back just before the stock market crashed and it became the Great Depression.
- Who is your favorite comedian?
Robbin Williams. He can always put me in a better mood and was so good in everything he did.
- You are a huge success as a song writer… What type of music do you write songs for?
Is Johnny Cash featuring Doc Watson a genera of music? If so, I pick that one.
- If you were in the 2020 summer olympics, what event would you medal in?
I would love to say all of them, but to be honest I would probably just be featured in the Bloopers. I can swim pretty terribly so that would probably be my best chance to win a medal.
- If you could only drink one type of beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Water. I pretty much only drink water now. The only time I drink juice or tea is when I’m sick, and if I don’t drink soda.
- What is your favorite board game?
SORRY! It is pretty fast passed and if you are petty, this is the game for you!
- If you were going to stumble onto a wild animal, what animal would you be most afraid of encountering?
A mountain lion because they are silent and sneaky. How would I even know if I accidentally found one?
- What is your favorite post you have written and why?
Dirty Laundry because this is the first post where I actually felt like I had done a good job. I felt like I finally started to find my voice as a blogger and this was the first post I thought someone besides myself would want to read.
Here are the questions I was asked by Laura…
- What are your hopes, plans and goals for your blog for this coming year?
I feel like I sort of already answered this is my post 2019 Goals #NewYearNewMe, but I will answer it again. I hope my content and pictures are better, I plan on writing a new post every week, and my goal is to reach 500 followers so I can think about using my blog as a supplemental income so I can stay home when I have children.
- Describe a pivotal or epiphanic moment in your life.
I would have to say the biggest pivotal moment is when I moved to New Mexico to nanny for my sister when I was 16. If I finished high school in Alaska, I would have gone to College in Alaska; and I never would have met Mike, gotten married, or moved to Montana. I probably would have gotten married, but I definitely would not be living the life I am today.
- Describe one thing that makes you happy or smile and why?
Is it even possible to just pick one thing? Our kitten and puppy always make me happy and can always put me in a better mood.
- If you could live inside a book or movie, which would it be and why?
Since I already answered this one, I don’t think I’m going to again.
- Provide the link to one of your blog posts that you would like to share with us.
Character Building Experiences. This is the first post I ever wrote, and it is the beginning of my husband’s and my journey. This will always be one of the most special posts I have ever written.
Here are the questions I was asked from Glen…
- Why did you start your blog?
I tell everyone the reason I started my blog was so my family would be able to know what Mike and I are up to in Montana. But the real reason I started this blog is because I was having trouble adjusting to the expectations of married life and I didn’t have any friends or family close by that I could talk to about it. So I wrote about it and it really helped me sort everything out.
- Tell me about one of your favorite blog posts.
Recipe Review: Broccoli Beef. This is one of my favorites because the pictures turned out really well, it was one of my most favorite things to cook, and it was a blast to write.
- If you could interview one person for your blog, who would that be and why that person?
Definitely my husband because I write about him all the time and even though I have talked to him about my blog, I would really love to know what he actually thinks about it.
- Savoury or sweet? Give an example of the perfect snack.
Definitely a savoury homemade quesadilla, and here is how you can make your own: Spread sour cream or plain greek yogurt on one side and guacamole on the other. Then fill that guy up with cheese and whatever meat you have lying around the house. For example, leftover ham, chicken or shredded beef. Then you just toast it in a pan until the cheese is melted, and you have the perfect snack!
- What is the best DIY you ever did?
I’m famously not good at any sort of DIY, but I can knit a hat and they always turn out ok.
- Is there anything you’d like to do but you have never done?
I would love to go to New York and see my family’s name in the book on Elis Island, I would love to go to Disney Land/Disney World, and I would love to go to Hawaii.
- Do you have a post that you hesitated hitting publish on?
I have two posts that I went back and forth about publishing. Character Building Experiences because it was my first post ever and I was so nervous to start a blog, and Pregnancy & Miscarriage. Mike didn’t really want me to post it so I wasn’t going to, but I knew I had to because nobody would talk about it, at the same time I didn’t want to publish it because then everyone would know about it.
- Which features do you like most in yourself?
I am 100% loyal. I am 100% forgiving. I have a strong faith. And I think I’m pretty.
- What is your go-to weeknight dinner?
Spaghetti. It’s so easy and it’s almost impossible to make it taste bad so it’s the perfect thing for me to make!
- Dogs or cats? And why?
Both! But if I’m being honest, I tend to prefer cats just because its easier to change a litter box then to go around the whole yard picking up the leftovers from your puppy’s bathroom breaks.
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
I learned to not measure my growth and success based on comparing myself with other bloggers. It honestly doesn’t matter how many likes, comments or followers you have as long as you are proud of your work.
My Nominees Are…
All of these bloggers are amazing and their blogs are wonderful so if you haven’t already, feel free to check them out.
Questions For My nominees…
- What made you start your blog?
- What is your favorite post that you have written?
- Do you write for yourself or for your readers?
- What is your favorite book to read?
- Do you prefer movies/tv or books/reading?
Thanks For Joining me Today!
Our Facebook: @ourlifeinmontana
Our Instagram: @ourlifeinmontana
Our Twitter: @ourlifeinmt
My Poshmark: @ourlifeinmt